Due to the current close door policy to visitors at Our Lady of Wisdom School, our Reconciliation Session # 3 on November 25th will be hold online in a zoom format, for parents only.
Following the zoom meeting each parent is asked to teach the Chapters 5 & 6 of the Reconciliation workbook.
We anticipate that the fourth session on December 16th will also be an online parent-only session, for chapter 7 & 8.
The original First Reconciliation Celebration has been delayed to January 7, 2022 at 6:00 pm at St. Gabriel the Archangel School (197 Invermere Dr.).
If that new date for celebrating reconciliation does not work, please call the parish office to make an individual appointment for reconciliation with Fr. James. This will need to be done before January 13, when First Eucharist Preparation begins.
Here is the zoom link for the meeting. If you have any trouble, please call the parish at 403.455.0196.
Topic: James Hagel's Zoom Meeting
Time: Nov 25, 2021 06:00 PM Edmonton
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 810 5758 5011
Before celebrating First Reconciliation, please view this video with your child; unfortunately, we cannot rehearse the celebration in person.
If you are not aware, Our Lady of Wisdom sent this communication yesterday, regarding an outbreak.
Our Lady of Wisdom School RE: Notice of COVID-19 Outbreak in a School Setting
The Medical Officer of Health has declared a COVID-19 outbreak at the school named above. Infection control measures at the school will be reviewed and added measures to limit further spread may be started.
Please be aware of the following requirements and recommendations:
- All staff and students must continue to use the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist every day to find out if they may attend school.
- If staff or students develop symptoms, they must isolate at home right away. Take the AHS COVID-19 Self- Assessment or call Health Link at 811 as soon as possible to arrange for a COVID-19 test.
- If you book a COVID-19 test, please use Outbreak EI Number 2021-EI-11698.
- Household contacts of a case of COVID-19, if they are not fully immunized, are strongly recommended to stay home for 14 days from the last time they were in contact with the person with COVID-19.
- If your child is a classroom contact, you will be notified separately.
- If staff or students need medical attention, please call ahead to the health care provider or call Health Link at 811 so that safe care can be given.
COVID-19 is passed from person to person through tiny droplets of liquid. These droplets are spread by coughing, sneezing, talking, laughing and singing. Indoor gatherings and crowded places increase the chance of spreading the virus through the air.
To help minimize the spread of COVID-19, we recommend the following:
- Get immunized against COVID-19. Immunization protects you and those who aren’t immunized. The best way to protect children too young for the COVID-19 vaccine is to make sure all adults and older children around them are immunized.
- If you or your child are eligible for COVID-19 vaccine and not fully immunized with 2 doses, please book an appointment online or call 811. Everyone born in 2009 or earlier is eligible for immunization.
- Make sure all immunizations are up to date, including the annual influenza vaccine.
- Wash your hands carefully and often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available and your hands are not visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze. Throw used tissues in the garbage. Wash hands right away with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay home if you’re sick. If your kids are sick, keep them home from childcare or school at the first sign of illness.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are touched often and shared by everyone in your home. This includes door knobs, light switches, and bathroom taps.
- Wear a mask and keep your distance from others when you are in public places.
- Limit how much time you spend in indoor, crowded public places when possible.
For more information, please visit the Alberta Health Services website for COVID-19 or call Health Link at 811.
Communicable Disease Control
Arely Cowan | Parish Secretary
St. Gabriel Parish, Chestermere.